My specialties include lovers’ quarrels, single parents with kids and quirky people. I also help psychotherapists with no funny bone. Read more in depth below about how I can help you.
Couples argue. Period. (And if they don’t they’re likely not communicating their needs).
Do you see things differently than your spouse? Are you always right and they’re always wrong (or vice versa). This is the classic Lovers’ quarrel. You will learn how to use logic to clearly formulate what you believe while recognizing how emotion helps (and hinders) your responses. Throw in some compassion and add a dose of humor and I’ll get your relationship back on track.
Being a single parent with kid(s) is no easy task. You work, pay the bills, do the laundry, clean the house, and oh yes that valuable time with the rugrats.
My method helps you to improve your playfulness and creativity so you can better “think like a child” and relate to your unique offspring. Of course we balance this with boundary setting so they understand ultimately who’s boss.
Every child is unique and we continue to grow into unique adults. But sometimes we don’t fit in. We are quirky! And there’s nothing wrong with that.
If we bring race, religion, and politics to the forefront, we have these “Fish out of water” examples that I would love to work with (thanks to my undergraduate degree in Political Science and love of politics):
- A Christian Conservative from the South who feels out of place living in Southern California?
- Conversely a Southerner who has found their calling in Los Angeles and feels right at home but unfortunately can’t share any of this with their conservative Alabama family.
- How about an African American who deeply resonates with the Republican party despite living in South Central?
- Who knows…perhaps you are a recent Mexican immigrant who loves Trump!
The point is…I can help you!
Perhaps your life situations make you unique (at least in comparison to the “norm”)
- Did you marry later in life and have no desire to have kids (or conversely desperately still want some?)
- Perhaps you prefer being single but your parents (and “best” friends) won’t let you live it down.
- Finally you might never imagine settling down with just one person.
I am here to the rescue!
I enjoy working with people who feel “different” and who beat to their own drum. I will help you learn to accept who you are and defend yourself against those who judge.
Are you a psychotherapist with no funny bone?
I can teach you Comedy Psychotherapy where you will learn to go from “Blah to Haaaaaaaaaaa” and become an adult class clown (without getting into trouble). I will show you tricks of the trade to help you lighten up and enjoy life more. These are also techniques that you can bring into your practice with your patients. The benefits are numerous and include better health, anxiety reduction and making new friends.
If any of the above resonate with you, I can help! Head on over to my Appointments for locations.